This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First look at Snake-Eyes for the G.I.joe movie!!!!

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

First look at Snake-Eyes for the G.I.joe movie!!!!

Postby calbob » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:40 pm

calbob
Minibot

Re: First look at Snake-Eyes for the G.I.joe movie!!!!

Postby Jaw Crusher » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Weapon: Mace
Looks fine, outside of the sculpted muscles...
I got yer new Captain America right here!

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Combiner
Alt Mode: Land Shark
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Keeperofthespark » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Sweet. :grin:
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Postby Shadowman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:25 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Awesome. And Ray Park is a great choice. Darth Maul had all of two lines, and he was still an epic badass.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Sherade » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:51 am

wow, I expected some kind of odd radical change.
But no, they pulled off the classic look and it still whoops. :APPLAUSE:
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Deadpool. » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:22 am

This looks figgin awesome!
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Megatron-Ron » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:23 am

Old news, This has been on line for 3 days now. Im waiting to see the baroness in costume. Snake eyes looks great thow. When i first seen this 3 nights ago, I was blown away how cool it looked. :APPLAUSE:
Megatron-Ron
Minibot

Postby Archanubis » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:40 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Snake Eyes looks great, if it's not a computerized fake, and Ray Park is a good choice. He had no lines as Maul (someone else did the voiceover) and didn't have many lines as Toad. He should be good as Snake Eyes.

I'd be REALLY interested in seeing how they'll pull off characters like Cobra Commander and Destro.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Defcon! » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:48 am

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
Jaw Crusher wrote:Looks fine, outside of the sculpted muscles...

Yes it remeinds me of the flash costume though not as bad. Looks pretty cool though we'll have to wait and see! :D
Defcon!
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron-Ron » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:54 am

Thunderscream wrote:Snake Eyes looks great, if it's not a computerized fake, and Ray Park is a good choice. He had no lines as Maul (someone else did the voiceover) and didn't have many lines as Toad. He should be good as Snake Eyes.

I'd be REALLY interested in seeing how they'll pull off characters like Cobra Commander and Destro.

This pic is not a fake. Go to Hisstank.com a gi joe site thats like this transformers site. They got offical word from paramount pictures that these pics are real.
Megatron-Ron
Minibot

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:57 am

Other than the emblem being a bit red on his arm, I'd say that picture is pure sex.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Bombus distinguendus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:57 am

Motto: "Don't Judge Me!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
i saw this yesterday on superherohype.com. it rock. i cant wait to see the rest of the costumes.
"Dont Judge Me!"
Check out TheFanriotpodcast.com. were also on iTunes! Please check us out!
Bombus distinguendus
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby muswp1 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:08 am

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
Looks good. Snake Eyes looks promising, especially with Park behind the mask.
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
muswp1
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Buy from muswp1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby UltraPrimal » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:53 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Who's doing the designs for this movie? 'Cause we need them to do Transformers 2. They're certainly not bastardizing them like Bay did.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:18 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Megatron-Ron wrote:Old news, This has been on line for 3 days now.

Well it was not posted here so for some that do not venture around the net much it is new.
. :wink:

I think it looks fantastic.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Megatron-Ron » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:42 am

UltraPrimal wrote:Who's doing the designs for this movie? 'Cause we need them to do Transformers 2. They're certainly not bastardizing them like Bay did.

Bay didnt bastardize anything. Robots and humans are 2 different things. People need to shut up about bay and the transformers movie. He did a great job and the look of the robots where fantastic for this day and age. I would have never of seen transformers if they looked they way they did back in the day. Can you imagine how stupid they would have looked if they where like the G1 style figures. Give me a break. A updated look for them was way over due. And dont think for 1 second that they are going to change the look for TF2. There is no point in changing anything and michael bay wont let that happen, Thank GOD!
Megatron-Ron
Minibot

Postby cor2879 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Motto: "Government didn't create the problem, government IS the problem."
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Cannon
Flippin' Sweet! I have had serious doubts about the GI Joe movie but seeing what an awesome and faithful job they have done on the Snake Eyes costume gives me hope!
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

- Albert Einstein
cor2879
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby 80sgeek » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I just took the landscape pic and adjusted it so I could see it better, and he's wearing cargo pants. I'm sure that this is a work-in-progres, why else would they have his torso in "ripped" latex and yet he's wearing cargo pants? The original Snake-Eyes wore them with like a turtle neck sweater and ski goggles, but from these shots the film version is leaning more towards the current incarnation of him. So he should be wearing an entire muscle suit.

And to the poster that commented about his Arashikage clan insignia it's supposed to be bright red, plus I'm sure they decided to put it there because it's more predominate for filming then a tattoo on his forearm.
Attachments
Snake_Eyes_large__scaled_800.jpg
adjusted for better view
80sgeek
Micromaster

Postby dragons » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:56 pm

not that i care who got the credit or not but if known seibertron was intersted in the gijoe film i would have posted yestureday not that i care anyway.

good find snakeeys is my alltime favorite joe in teh series and cobra commander is my favorite villina i am dissapointed in the series though gijoe has not been as popualr as transformers and i liked both shows maybe the film make it more popular again.

i like how they added snakeeyes matial arts trademark on his shoulder and on his sword those re the only 2 things that i found new to his orginal animated version yo joe wander if they will give snakeeyes his wolf partner just like the animated show that would be great.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Stormrider » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I am glad that GIJoe fans are getting characters that are true to the show. Too bad Transformers fans aren't as lucky. :-(
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby AutobotJazz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Motto: "I do it my way: with style."
Weapon: Electrostatic Discharger Rifle
Those pics are pure win. Love the look of Snake-Eyes.
AutobotJazz
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 104
Watch AutobotJazz on YouTube

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:54 pm

Clicking the link I was aprehensive, but I realy like it!

I wonder in a one on one, who would win Snake Eyes or Batman?

:D

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby First Gen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Will i be there opening weekend? Ur DAMM RIGHT I WILL!!!!
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby darkqueen01 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Ray Park as Snake Eyes = AMAZING!! The cargo pants made me laugh, tho I am sure that will change.

It's got me looking at the rest of the cast and characters: Zartan, Scarlett, Heavy Duty to name a few. Christopher Eccleston as Destro catches my eye as a great choice. Not sure what I think about Joseph Gordon-Levitt being Cobra Commander, tho. It will be interesting to see what they do for his costume at least.
The following message brought to you by Skeletor...
darkqueen01
Combiner

Postby UltraPrimal » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:32 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Megatron-Ron wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:Who's doing the designs for this movie? 'Cause we need them to do Transformers 2. They're certainly not bastardizing them like Bay did.

Bay didnt bastardize anything. Robots and humans are 2 different things. People need to shut up about bay and the transformers movie. He did a great job and the look of the robots where fantastic for this day and age. I would have never of seen transformers if they looked they way they did back in the day. Can you imagine how stupid they would have looked if they where like the G1 style figures. Give me a break. A updated look for them was way over due. And dont think for 1 second that they are going to change the look for TF2. There is no point in changing anything and michael bay wont let that happen, Thank GOD!

Hey don't get me wrong. I'm not saying TF1 should look like G1. Nor am I saying all the designs were totally hideous. But I don't think most of them should have had bug faces. And I don't think they should have been so disproportionate, like gorilla Starscream, or Primes mouth where his chin should be. Just because they're alien don't mean they have to look like freaks. If they can "automorph" to make them look like our vehicals, they should be able to automorph their faces to look like our, giving them more range of expression other than "grrrr".

I applaude Bay for making them more detailed and updating their looks. As well as bringing the brand back into the mainstream.

When you look at any other movie franchize based on a comic book, they don't mess with the formula that made them famous. There were things I didn't like about those movies too. 1 that stands out in my mind is Spider-man. I don't liked the raised webbing on his costume, nor how the Symbiote suit was just a black version of his regular suit(no big white Venom spider symbol).

I liked the Transformers movie. I own the HD DVD version, and I don't even have a HD DVD player to play it on! And since HD DVD is dead, I might never unless I find one on sale.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Next

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD Transformers The Movie G1 Retro reissue Walmart exclusive 2023 New"
HOT ROD Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMORHIDE Transformers Movie Scout 100% complete Hasbro 2007 220626A"
ARMORHIDE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2007 1B (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON